'Vicky Donor' earns Rs 22 crore, becomes a hit
'Vicky Donor' is doing extremely well at the box office. The film has garnered around Rs 22 crore so far.
New Delhi: Director Shoojit Sircar's 'Vicky Donor' is doing extremely well at the box office. The film has garnered around Rs 22 crore so far. Trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweets," VickyDonor collected between Rs 7 cr and Rs 7.5 cr [early estimates] in Wknd 2, taking the 10-day total to Rs 21.5 to Rs 22 cr nett. Hit."
The film is doing well at the multiplexes as well as small centers. After receiving positive reviews from the critics, 'Vicky Donor' earned Rs 13.40 crore in the opening weekend.
The film stars VJ turned actor Ayushmann Khurana and Yami Gautam in the lead roles.
'Vicky Donor' is a funny take on the sensitive topic of sperm donation.
The success of 'Vicky Donor' also marks the maturity of Indian audiences who have gelled well with the changing status of Indian cinema. It may prompt filmmakers to go for more experimentation.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines