Victor signs Indian-American director's film
The 64-year-old actor is known for films like 'Jogger's Park', 'My Brother..Nikhil'
New Delhi: Veteran actor Victor Banerjee will play an intense role in Indian-American Amit Kumar's directorial debut Blemished Light, which will deal with discrimination that happens in the name of identity.
The 64-year-old Victor is known for movies like Jogger's Park, My Brother.. Nikhil and Kumar points out that he will be seen as a character he hasn't played before.
"Victor Banerjee obviously has a screen presence, and he is a perfect fit for the role, but what excites me, as well as what seems to have driven him to play this part is the opportunity to perform as a character he has not played before," said Kumar in a statement.
Interestingly, the movie's title has been inspired by Faiz Ahmad Faiz's poem "Ye dagh dagh ujala, ye shab ghazida sahar". Apart from Victor, Alyy Khan and Ankur Vikal also play pivotal role in the film.
"The story is developed from a desire to express the lack of freedom within, and the struggle against, the most dominating social structures of our time - capitalism and patriarchy. In our world, mass extermination and discrimination happen in the name of identity," Kumar said.
"I took up the task to show people belonging to a certain identity do have different perspectives, approaches and solutions to most pressing issues challenging their society, based on their own personal experiences," he added.
- Karnataka Defers Cauvery Water Release to Thursday
- Prune the Grass Please, Indian Team Management Tells Eden Officials
- Lukewarm Response to Second India-NZ Test at Eden Gardens
- Amit Mishra Toils Hard in Optional Practice Session
- India Jumps 16 Places in Global Competitiveness Index
- Watch: MNS Asks Pakistani Artistes To Leave In 48 Hours or Face Consequences
- Watch: Talking Point With Zakka Jacob
- Glad Tutak Tutak Tutiya Being Compared With Bhool Bhulaiyaa: Prabhu Deva