Victoria Azarenka withdraws from Dubai with foot injury
Second-ranked Victoria Azarenka has withdrawn from the Dubai Championships because of a bone bruise in her foot.
Dubai: Second-ranked Victoria Azarenka has withdrawn from the Dubai Championships because of a bone bruise in her foot.
Azarenka says she hurt it a week ago in Doha, Qatar, en route to the final where she beat Serena Williams on Sunday.
The withdrawal on Tuesday of the Belarusian, unbeaten this year, ensures Williams will remain No. 1 in the rankings for another week. Azarenka could have, with the right results, regained the top ranking she ceded to Williams on Monday.
Recommended For You
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India
- Poll: Which Is the Best Vishal Bhardwaj Film Till Date?
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Beauty and The Beast: Emma Watson Brings New Charisma in the Classic Song
- Ross Taylor Achieves Milestone ODI Century