Victoria Azarenka withdraws from Dubai with foot injury
Second-ranked Victoria Azarenka has withdrawn from the Dubai Championships because of a bone bruise in her foot.
Dubai: Second-ranked Victoria Azarenka has withdrawn from the Dubai Championships because of a bone bruise in her foot.
Azarenka says she hurt it a week ago in Doha, Qatar, en route to the final where she beat Serena Williams on Sunday.
The withdrawal on Tuesday of the Belarusian, unbeaten this year, ensures Williams will remain No. 1 in the rankings for another week. Azarenka could have, with the right results, regained the top ranking she ceded to Williams on Monday.
- Nearly 500 Dead, Food Running Out in Aleppo: UN Chief
- Abhishek Verma Rejects Allegations of Purported Defence Leaks by Varun Gandhi
- Wasn't Honey-trapped, Did Not Leak Defence Secrets, Says Varun Gandhi
- Eight Killed in Firecracker Mishap at Sivakasi
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- Pan Masala Row: Saddened to Know It Can Cause Cancer, Says Pierce Brosnan