Video: Ameer becomes FEFSI president
Popular filmmaker Ameer was on Tuesday elected as the president of FEFSI.
Popular filmmaker Ameer was on Tuesday elected as the president of Film Employees Federation of South India (FEFSI), one of the influential bodies of Tamil cinema. He defeated veteran director Visu by nine votes.
Out of the 65 votes polled (22 associations are affiliated to FEFSI and each of them has 3 votes. Bharathiraja, the president of directors' assocation, did not cast his vote), Ameer secured 37 votes and emerged triumphant.
Speaking to reporters, Ameer said he would fight for the rights and livelihood of workers. "We are planning to launch many initiatives which are aimed at uplifting the lives of film workers," he said.
- India 'Hiding' Casualties in Surgical Strike, Says Pakistan Army
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Box Office Collection Crosses Rs 21 Crore on Day 1
- PCB Refuses to Comment On BCCI President's statement on Indo-Pak Cricket Ties
- Pakistan Postpones SAARC Summit After Five Member Countries Pull Out
- Ranbir Kapoor Feels the Youth is Living in Hard Times Right Now
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Chairs All-Party Meet, Gowda Sits on Dharna
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Calls All-Party Meet to Decide on SC's Order to Release Water
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute