Videocon Mobile to provide pan-India services in 2-3 years
The company, which operates in seven of the 22 telecom circles, plans commercial roll-out of 4G services by March 2014.
Bhopal: Videocon Mobile Services, which operates in seven of the 22 telecom circles, said it intends to cover the entire country within 2-3 years.
"The company is a national player in telecom sector and has ambition to start services across the country in two to three years," Arvind Bali, Director and CEO, Videocon Mobile Services told reporters here.
In order to provide unmatched network experience in Madhya Pradesh-Chhattisgarh (MP-CG) circle, the company plans to add 1,550 cell sites to its existing 2,800-plus sites within the next two months, he said.
As part of its commitment to roll-out 4G services, the company has prepared a roadmap and commenced network planning to provide the next level of mobile communications, Bali said.
The company plans commercial roll-out of 4G services by March 2014, he said.
The telecom major at present has footprints in MP-CG, Punjab, Haryana, UP-East, UP-West, Gujarat and Bihar circles.
Videocon's current subscriber base stands at seven lakh in MP-CG circle and it is adding 1-1.5 lakh customers every month to its fold, Bali added.
- Focus on Business, Market Leadership: Tata to Top Executives
- Cyrus Mistry Says 'No Basis' to Speculation on Litigation, Tata Hints New Leadership Soon
- Quetta Terror Attack: 3 Terrorists Killed, Over 60 Dead
- Quetta Attack: Why Pak's 'Action Plan' on Terror Became 'Inaction Plan'
- OnePlus Diwali Dash Sale Live: Win OnePlus 3 at Re 1
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- No One Needs to Give Proof of Their Patriotism, Says CBFC Chief Pahlaj Nihalani
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Controversy: Shabana Azmi slams Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis