Vidya Balan gets married to Siddharth Roy Kapoor
The temple wedding was a very private affair attended only by the family members of both sides.
New Delhi: Actress Vidya Balan is said to have married Siddharth Roy Kapur, the managing director of Studios, Disney UTV, in an early morning ceremony at a temple in Chembur on Friday. It was a very private affair attended only by the family members of both sides, reported Mid-Day.
Balan's marriage has been the most closely guarded and fiercely protected occasion in Bollywood in recent times. The families were tight-lipped about the ceremonies and the actress even opted for a private mehndi ceremony at her Khar residence on Wednesday night. It was attended by her family members, and Vidya's favourite, veteran actress Rekha marked her presence.
Vidya wore a yellow sari in typical Bengali style with floral ornaments. She even chose to go simple with her mehdni - rather than the usual full-hand intricate design, Vidya went with round blobs of henna on her palm.
They had a private family dinner on Tuesday night. A wedding reception will reportedly be held in Chennai on Saturday. If grapevine is to be believed, the nuptials will be conducted both in Punjabi and south Indian styles.
The engagement saw her wearing a gold and maroon South silk, her hair open, standing beside a beaming Kapur. According to media reports, the temple rituals were observed in traditional Tamil style.
- Bigg Boss 10: Antara Biswas Wants to Grab Salman Khan's Attention
- Apple Launch Event on October 27: What to Expect?
- Eight Killed in Firecracker Mishap at Sivakasi
- 90% Apple Lightning-to-USB Cables Sold on Amazon, Groupon Are Fake
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- News360: Upset with Sheila as Congress CM Face, Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Watch: Talking point With Arunoday Mukharji