DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Vidya, Humaima to compete at the APS Awards
Vidya Balan and Humaima Mallick are nominated in the best actress category at the Asia Pacific Screen Awards.
New Delhi: Vidya Balan's dare bare show in 'The Dirty Picture' has bagged her a nomination in the best actress category at the Asia Pacific Screen Awards (APSAs), for which Pakistani actress Humaima Mallick is also in competition for her role in 'Bol'.
Vidya played southern sex siren Silk Smitha in the Ekta Kapoor produced movie, which won her accolades. Humaima essayed the part of a strong woman who combats patriarchal society in 'Bol'.
They are competing alongside names like Korean actress Cho Min-soo ('Pieta'), Russian actress Darya Ekamasova ('Once Upon a Time There Lived a Simple Woman') and Philippenes-based Nora Aunor ('Thy Womb'), according to the official APSA website.
India has other nominations too at the APSAs, scheduled in Brisbane Nov 23.
Acclaimed filmmaker Anurag Kashyap stands a chance to win the prize for achievement in direction for his crime thriller 'Gangs Of Wasseypur', and Manoj Bajpayee is nominated in the best actor category for the same movie.
The Children's Film Society of India's 'Gattu', about a nine-year-old street boy obsessed with flying kites, is nominated in the best children's feature film.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Unhappy With Head Coach Anil Kumble?
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Kangana-Ketan Battle: Another Filmmaker Accuses The Latter Of Hijacking His Film
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong