Vidya, Humaima to compete at the APS Awards
Vidya Balan and Humaima Mallick are nominated in the best actress category at the Asia Pacific Screen Awards.
New Delhi: Vidya Balan's dare bare show in 'The Dirty Picture' has bagged her a nomination in the best actress category at the Asia Pacific Screen Awards (APSAs), for which Pakistani actress Humaima Mallick is also in competition for her role in 'Bol'.
Vidya played southern sex siren Silk Smitha in the Ekta Kapoor produced movie, which won her accolades. Humaima essayed the part of a strong woman who combats patriarchal society in 'Bol'.
They are competing alongside names like Korean actress Cho Min-soo ('Pieta'), Russian actress Darya Ekamasova ('Once Upon a Time There Lived a Simple Woman') and Philippenes-based Nora Aunor ('Thy Womb'), according to the official APSA website.
India has other nominations too at the APSAs, scheduled in Brisbane Nov 23.
Acclaimed filmmaker Anurag Kashyap stands a chance to win the prize for achievement in direction for his crime thriller 'Gangs Of Wasseypur', and Manoj Bajpayee is nominated in the best actor category for the same movie.
The Children's Film Society of India's 'Gattu', about a nine-year-old street boy obsessed with flying kites, is nominated in the best children's feature film.
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan
- Akhilesh is Not Forming a New Party: Shivpal Yadav's Son
- Karan Johar Vs MNS: CM Fadnavis Turns Peacemaker
- Watch: India @9 With Bhupendra Chaubey
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- Eight Killed in Firecracker Mishap at Sivakasi
- Airtel Offers 10GB of 4G Mobile Data at Rs 259
- Dear Zindagi Teaser is Out and We Can't Stop Smiling After Watching It