Vidya was Agnihotri's first choice for women empowerment film
Vivek Agnihotri, who is all set to make a film on women's empowerment, was keen to sign Balan for the lead role.
Mumbai: Filmmaker Vivek Agnihotri, who is all set to make a film on women's empowerment for T Series, was keen to sign Vidya Balan for the lead role.
"My first choice for the film was Vidya Balan. But had Vidya not done 'Kahaani' before, then she would have done this film. But I would certainly come with a script in future which would justify her," Agnihotri, who directed films like "Dhan Dhana Dhan Goal", told IANS.
"Now we have approached some other actresses...Let's see how things fall in place," he added.
Talking about his film, Agnihotri said: "The film is about women in today's society and the system that doesn't support them. It's a suspense thriller."
Will he cast his wife Pallavi Joshi in the film?
"Pallavi is doing a film with me 'Buddha In A Traffic Jam'. But she will not be in this film," he clarified.
Recommended For You
- Virender Sehwag Predicts 3-0 or 3-1 Series Win for India Over Australia
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India