Debate over artistic freedom once again reach a crescendo.
In the past week, the debate over artistic freedom and sensibilities has once again reached a crescendo. Famous Indian painter MF Husain, who has been living in the Middle East since 2006, finally accepted Qatar citizenship. While Husain fans and creative personalities expressed anguish and dismay at Husain's move, the debate ensued over what constitutes artistic freedom. Even as the debate over Husain continued, miscreants in Karnataka's Shimoga and Hassan district turned violent over the publication of a controversial article written by exiled Bangladeshi writer Taslima Nasreen in a Kannada paper. Nasreen, has denied writing the article. Are we as Indians failing to give creative licence its due? Is there a consciounsess when it comes to freedom of expression? Ask your question now. Sagarika Ghose will take them up in a live webchat.
- Indian, Afghan Spy Agencies Patronising Terror: Pakistan Tells US
- Windfall for Ace Lawyers As Tata-Mistry Courtroom Battle Set to Prolong
- Excerpts From the Mistry Email Alleges That Ratan Tata was a Behind the Scenes Presence
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: India Beat Malaysia 2-1 to Seal Top Spot
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Donald Trump Will Be Next US President, Predicts Election Wizard
- Fadnavis 'Did not Discourage' Johar's 5 Crore 'Donation' to Army Fund
- Donald Trump's Daughter-in-Law Celebrates Diwali at Hindu Temple in US