Debate over artistic freedom once again reach a crescendo.
In the past week, the debate over artistic freedom and sensibilities has once again reached a crescendo. Famous Indian painter MF Husain, who has been living in the Middle East since 2006, finally accepted Qatar citizenship. While Husain fans and creative personalities expressed anguish and dismay at Husain's move, the debate ensued over what constitutes artistic freedom. Even as the debate over Husain continued, miscreants in Karnataka's Shimoga and Hassan district turned violent over the publication of a controversial article written by exiled Bangladeshi writer Taslima Nasreen in a Kannada paper. Nasreen, has denied writing the article. Are we as Indians failing to give creative licence its due? Is there a consciounsess when it comes to freedom of expression? Ask your question now. Sagarika Ghose will take them up in a live webchat.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology