Uttarakhand floods: 'Those missing till July 15 will be presumed dead'
Bahuguna said this was to help the families of the dead get compensation on time.
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister on Saturday reiterated that all those who are still missing after the June 16 calamity that struck the hill state will be presumed dead if they remain untraced till July 15. Bahuguna said this was to help the families of the dead get compensation on time.
"We will consider the missing people as dead so that the families get the benefits. But we hope that they will come back," Bahuguna said.
Meanwhile, efforts are still on to find out those missing after the state was devastated by flash floods caused by torrential rains. The government has said the deadline of July 15 to trace the missing persons. However, search teams have not tasted much success as most of the worst affected areas remain under tonnes of debris. The death toll is likely to touch 6000 after the rescue operations end.
Recommended For You
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion
- Oscars 2017: 20 Lesser Known Facts About the Most Prestigious Film Awards
- PV Sindhu Says All England is Like Any Other Super Series for Her