Vijay Kumar finishes 8th in World Cup shooting
The Olympic silver medallist finished eighth in the men's 25-metre rapid fire pistol in Bangkok.
New Delhi: Olympic silver medallist Vijay Kumar finished eighth in the men's 25-metre rapid fire pistol event at the shooting World Cup final in Bangkok on Friday.
Vijay started off well with series of 97, 99 and 97 to register a score of 292 in the first stage and was well in contention for a place in the finals.
In the second stage of the qualification round, Vijay once again registered very good scores of 97, 99 to look in great form but in the last series he dropped seven points and could only manage to shoot 93, which cost him a slot in the finals by two points.
Vijay's final score on Friday was 582, three points less than his London Olympic qualification score. This is the first international competition after Olympics for the 26-year-old shooter from the Indian Army.
The gold was won by Czech Martin Strand while the silver was won by Christian Reitz of Germany. China's Jian Zhang got the bronze. London Olympic gold medallist Leuris Pupo of Cuba finished 9th.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right