Vijay Mallya Gifted $40 Million to his Children: ED's Dossier
Liquor baron Vijay Mallya, who is wanted in India for defaulting on loans worth Rs 9,000 crore had transferred USD 40 million to his three children through gift settlements.
A file image of ex-chairman of United Spirits Ltd Vijay Mallya, who is now being probed for a loan default case. (Photo: Reuters)
New Delhi: Liquor baron Vijay Mallya, who is wanted in India for defaulting on loans worth Rs 9,000 crore had transferred USD 40 million to his three children through gift settlements.
In an affidavit submitted before the apex court, he stated that the money had been transferred to his three children—Siddharth, Leena and Tanya Mallya — who were US citizens and sole beneficiaries of the three respective trusts of which he had no control in his individual capacity.
Mallya, who has been declared an absconder in India, was arrested by Scotland Yard police and produced before the Westminster Magistrates' Court there and was subsequently granted bail.
To read the full story, click here...
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma Go Green in Sri Lanka
- Infosys Regrets Vishal Sikka’s Resignation; Issues Statement on His Current Role, Salary
- LFW 2017: A Rainbow-clad Ranveer Singh Turns Up and Steals The Show
- Kareena Kapoor Khan Turns Heads In A Traditional Anamika Khanna Attire
- Virat Kohli, Ravi Shastri Get Into the Groove Ahead of First ODI