Vijay Mallya Gifted $40 Million to his Children: ED's Dossier
Liquor baron Vijay Mallya, who is wanted in India for defaulting on loans worth Rs 9,000 crore had transferred USD 40 million to his three children through gift settlements.
A file image of ex-chairman of United Spirits Ltd Vijay Mallya, who is now being probed for a loan default case. (Photo: Reuters)
New Delhi: Liquor baron Vijay Mallya, who is wanted in India for defaulting on loans worth Rs 9,000 crore had transferred USD 40 million to his three children through gift settlements.
In an affidavit submitted before the apex court, he stated that the money had been transferred to his three children—Siddharth, Leena and Tanya Mallya — who were US citizens and sole beneficiaries of the three respective trusts of which he had no control in his individual capacity.
Mallya, who has been declared an absconder in India, was arrested by Scotland Yard police and produced before the Westminster Magistrates' Court there and was subsequently granted bail.
To read the full story, click here...
Recommended For You
- Prithvi Shaw Joins the Likes of Tendulkar, Kohli With New Deal
- Monsoon Shootout Movie Review: This Artsy Psychological Thriller Is Welcome Despite Its Flaws
- Honor 7X vs Xiaomi Mi A1: The Visual Appeal Wins This Budget Battle For Honor
- Diego Maradona Believes Real Madrid Need Get Rid of Gareth Bale
- TVS Apache RR 310 Vs KTM RC 390: Specs, Price, Features and Which One is a Better Sports Bike?