DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Vijay shoots silver, qualifies for Olympics
Vijay Kumar shot the silver in the men's 25 metres rapid fire pistol event in the World Cup.
New Delhi: Army man Vijay Kumar shot the silver in the men's 25 metres rapid fire pistol event in the World Cup at Fort Benning, US, and also clinched India's seventh quota place for the 2012 London Olympics.
According to information received here, Vijay lost the gold in a shoot-off to Germany's Christian Reitz on Saturday. The duo were tied for the the first place at 584 after the qualifying and also at 29 after the final series. Vijay shot one while Reitz four in the shoot-off.
The bronze went to China's Feng Ding with a total score of 589 in the qualifying round and 24 in the final round.
Among other Indians, Pemba Tamang finished ninth with a score of 580 while Gurpreet Singh was 29th with 571 points.
Besides Vijay, Annu Raj Singh, Rahi Sarnobat, Gagan Narang, Hari Om Singh, Ronjan Sodhi and Sanjeev Rajput are the others to qualify for the London Olympics in 2012.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- Should Have Been Picked to Play in IPL Final, Says Harbhajan Singh