Vijender and I took drugs for adventure: Ram Singh
Ram Singh has also admitted that he and Vijender were in constant touch with drug smuggler Anoop Singh Kahlon.
Fatehgarh Sahib, Punjab: Boxer Ram Singh, who is under detention in the multi-million dollar drug racket, has said that he and Olympics bronze medallist boxer Vijender Singh had tried drugs, but just for the sake of "adventure".
Ram Singh has also admitted that he and Vijender were in constant touch with drug smuggler Anoop Singh Kahlon, who was arrested March 7, police said. "We had taken very small quantity of drugs, less than two gm each. But we are not habitual takers of drugs and had tried it just for adventure. We did not intend to improve our stamina or performance by taking it," Ram Singh told IANS over phone.
The police had recovered 26 kg heroin, worth Rs. 130 crore in the international market, from the possession of Kahlon and arrested him on Thursday. He had reportedly told the police that Vijender Singh and Ram Singh were his "clients". "Vijender was in touch with some Mumbai celebrities, who were regular in rave parties and took drugs. Therefore we also tried it. However, we did not pay anything to Kahlon for drugs," Ram Singh said.
As Ram Singh has confessed before the Punjab Police about taking drugs, officials of the National Institute of Sports (NIS), Patiala, have expelled him from their hostel. A three-member committee of coaches also searched his hostel room but did not find anything objectionable.
Ram Singh and Vijender Singh are very close friends and they were room-mates at NIS for nearly six years. Vijender Singh had allegedly promoted Ram Singh in various platforms by using his influence.
The police maintained that they could summon Vijender Singh for questioning on Wednesday. "I have nothing to do with drugs. I am ready to join investigations at any point of time and am also ready to undergo any kind of dope test," Vijender said.
- Cyrus Mistry's Explosive Email to Tata Board Hints He Was Made a 'Lame Duck'
- Full Text of Cyrus Mistry Interview that Tata Group Scrapped
- Donald Trump's Daughter-in-Law Celebrates Diwali at Hindu Temple in US
- Donald Trump Says Would Probe Email Investigation of Hillary Clinton
- UK PM Theresa May had Expressed Concerns Over Brexit Weeks Before Referendum
- BJP Terms Family Feud in Samajwadi Party as 'Fixed Match'
- Samajwadi Party Feud: Shivpal Yadav Vacates Official Residence
- Samajwadi Party Feud: Akhilesh Briefs Governor on Political Crisis
From Our Network
- Punjab polls: As Kejriwal hobnobs with allies, Congress might just break its losing streak- FirstPost
- Diwali gift for commuters, DND flyway made toll free after Allahabad High Court order - Pradesh18
- Inspiring: Shahdol man, who lost both arms in an accident, drives auto-rickshaw to earn living - Pradesh18