Vikas Krishan makes boxing quarter-finals
The Indian pugilist beat American Errol Spence 13-11 over three rounds.
London: Boxer Vikas Krishan brought smiles on Indian faces Friday night reaching the quarterfinals in the 69 kg category. He got the better of American Errol Spence 13-11 over three rounds.
Vikas started off well and registered an easy 4-2 win in the first round, but Spence came back strongly taking the second set 6-5. In the final round, Vikas looked very tired and did only defending all through.
He seemed to have lost it but when the jury declared him the winner, he himself gave a surprised look.
Vikas will now face Russia's Andrey Zamkovoy on August 7. Zamkovoy beat Adam Nolan 18-9 in a one-sided affair.
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Houston Shooting: At least 9 Injured, Gunman Dead
- Xiaomi Mi 5S Might Get Snapdragon 821, 2K Display and 4GB RAM
- Ramdev Plans World Class Varsity in India
- Karnataka Defers Cauvery Water Release to Thursday
- Indus Water Treaty: India Can't Unilaterally Separate Itself, Says Sharif
- Pakistan Capable of Meeting Any Threat: Nawaz Sharif
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti