DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Kony 2012: Anti-dictator video goes viral
Joseph Kony is the head of a brutal militia that has kidnapped thousands of children and forced them to become sex slaves, fight as child soldiers and kill family members.
San Francisco: A video calling for the arrest of Joseph Kony, the fugitive leader of the Lord's Resistance Army militia group in Uganda, swept across the Internet this week, attracting a wave of support on Twitter and Facebook along with a skeptical backlash against a little-known team of filmmakers based in San Diego.
The 30-minute YouTube video was the centrepiece of a campaign that spread on Twitter beginning on Tuesday via hash tags such as #Kony2012 and #stopkony.
By Thursday, the YouTube video had been viewed almost 40 million times, while Tweets about Kony had become the No 1 trending topic worldwide on Twitter.
Kony's Lord's Resistance Army militia group has kidnapped thousands of children and forced them to become sex slaves, fight as child soldiers and kill family members.
Recommended For You
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Rishabh Pant Adds New Mercedes to His Garage After IPL Heroics
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users