Visakhapatnam: Man slits cousin sister's throat
The 25-year-old accused had allegedly been harassing his relative to marry him for the past few weeks.
Visakhapatnam: A man allegedly murdered his 21-year-old cousin, who was a final year degree student at a private college, in a beauty parlor near Kailashnagar under Gajuwaka police station limits on Tuesday.
The jilted man, 25-year-old B Shiva Adinarayana alias Shiva, a native of Nathavaram mandal, who worked as a driver in the Vijayawada area, allegedly killed the girl by slitting her throat with a knife, after his marriage proposal was rejected by the girl and her family. However, locals nabbed him after he tried to escape, the police said.
The accused had allegedly been harassing his relative U Bhavitha alias Bhavya to marry him for the past few weeks and he recently had heated arguments with her mother Rama, after she began searching a suitable boy for her daughter.
Bhavitha was a distant relative of Shiva and parents of the duo had given them permission to get married, the police said, but around six months ago, her father Ramarao passed away and the couple's elders refused to get them married citing non-compatibility of their horoscopes.
However, Shiva persisted with the idea of marrying Bhavitha and had been stalking her for the past few weeks, while she went to college and the beauty parlour, where the girl worked for the past one year, pestering her to accept his proposal.
The girl's mother Rama, sister Vinitha and brother Vijay recently came to know of Shiva's overtures and had appealed to him to keep away from their daughter.
On Tuesday, Shiva allegedly went to the beauty parlour with a knife and proposed to her once again. After the girl refused, he allegedly slit her throat, resulting in Bhavitha's death inside the parlour. Shiva was arrested and a case was registered against him, the police said.
- Jimmy Neesham to Miss Kolkata Test, Jeetan Patel's Arrival Delayed
- Sushmita Sen Slams Donald Trump For Body Shaming Ex-Miss Universe Alicia Machado
- Gautam Gambhir 'Nervous as a Novice' After Shock Test Recall
- Strike rate is for bowlers, not batsmen: Anil Kumble
- Karnataka Parties Against Release of Cauvery Water
- 8 Times Ranbir Kapoor Wowed us With His Radical Approach Towards Life
- Siddaramaiah Says Not Possible To Release Water Right Away
- Cauvery Row: Release Water to Tamil Nadu, SC tells Karnataka