Vishal Bhardwaj teams up with Gulzar for a song
Bhardwaj and Gulzar have addressed the plight of farmers through the song in the upcoming film.
New Delhi: Director Vishal Bhardwaj and lyricist Gulzar have teamed up once again for 'Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola', targeting the land acquisition issue this time through the song 'Lootnewale'. The duo have previously worked together in films like '7 Khoon Maaf', 'Ishqiya', 'Kaminey' and 'Omkara', composing hits like 'Beedi jalaile', 'Dil to bachcha hain ji' and 'Dhan te nan'.
This time around Bhardwaj and Gulzar have addressed the plight of farmers through the song in the upcoming film which is set in the rustic surroundings of a village in Haryana.
The song goes, "Paani paani kuwa sambhal... Dol dol, dol dol..., paani paani kuwa sambhal... Jiska maati uska maal. Jiski kheti uski zameen hai, re babaji ki dhons nahi hai. Jiska ganna uske gander, hat lootnewale Hat hat lootnewale."
Water water save your well. The land belongs to the owner. The farmland belongs to the farmer. It is not yours to take. Get away robbers.)
"Hum beej na denge, hum byaaj na denge, Re kal ka karza aaj na denge, ho teri loha laathi nahi chalegi. Teri ek lihaathi nahi chalegi, teri loha laathi nahi chalegi. Teri ek lihaathi nahi chalegi, ab chale hathoda."
(We will neither give seeds nor taxes. We will not pay yesterday's debt. Your strength will not undermine us).
'Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola' is an upcoming comedy which stars Imran Khan, Anushka Sharma and Pankaj Kapoor playing the title roles while Arya Babbar and Shabana Azmi play supporting roles.
The film is slated for a world-wide release on January 11.
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- 2nd Test: Pakistan Build Commanding Lead Over West Indies
- Hockey: India's Top Five Victories Over Pakistan
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: India Prevail 3-2 in Pacy Encounter vs Pakistan
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Justice Lodha Speaks on SC's Decision to Curb BCCI's Financial Prowess