'Vishwaroopam' to be a big success in TN, predict distributors
Following a ban in Tamil Nadu, Haasan's controversial movie finally hit the screens in the state on Thursday.
New Delhi: Following a ban in Tamil Nadu, Kamal Haasan's controversial movie 'Vishwaroopam' finally hit the screens in the state Thursday. Tickets are sold out for the weekend already and business is robust, says an official from Balaji Motion Pictures, distributors of the film in the northern region.
"The tickets are sold out till the weekend, and the film has opened to a tremendous response. The weekend is packed in advance and the reports of the film are very good," Girish Johar, head of acquisition and distribution, Balaji Motion Pictures, told IANS.
"'Vishwaroopam' is bound to succeed big time," he added.
Starring Andrea Jeremiah, Pooja Kumar, Rahul Bose, Shekhar Kapur and Jaideep Ahlawat, the Tamil and Telugu movie is written, produced and directed by Kamal, who also plays the title role.
The film's screening was banned in Tamil Nadu after a group of Muslim groups protested against certain scenes which they felt were derogatory to their community.
After several rounds of talks, the actor-filmmaker got permission to release his Rs.95 crore espionage film only after editing objectionable scenes.
Its Hindi version, 'Vishwaroop', released Feb 1 and grossed approximately Rs.7.66 crore in its opening weekend.
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: J&k Take Lead Vs Andhra; Services Struggle Against Goa
- Two Suspected JeM Terrorists Arrested in Baramulla District of J&K
- Suspected Pakistani Spy Arrested in J&K's Samba District
- BSF Kills 7 Pak Rangers, Terrorist in Retaliatory Firing Along Jammu Border
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Live: No End to Samajwadi Party Crisis, Old Guard Meet CM Akhilesh
- SP Old Guard Meet Akhilesh Yadav, Bid to Defuse 'Explosive' Situation
- Samajwadi Party Expels MLC Udayveer Singh, Mulayam Upset With Akhilesh
From Our Network
- Rising MNS is bad news for Shiv Sena: Ae Dil Hai Mushkil agitation helped BJP to counter its bitter ally- FirstPost
- Ramdev pegs 200% growth for Patanjali this year; promises big ticket investment in Madhya Pradesh - Pradesh18
- CM Nitish Kumar wishes speedy recovery to injured Mamata Banerjee’s nephew - Pradesh18