Vizag: 6 engineering students drown, 3 bodies recovered
The mishap occurred when a group of first year students had gone to the famous Rishikonda Beach on Wednesday evening.
Vizag: In a tragic incident in Andhra Pradesh, six students of the Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management (GITAM) University have drowned in Vizag. The mishap occurred when a group of first year students had gone to the famous Rishikonda Beach on Wednesday evening.
Though the locals had managed to rescue one young male student from being swept away by strong ocean currents, they failed to save the others. As many as three bodies have been recovered so far while the search in for three others.
According to the police, a group of seven students from the first year of engineering course had gone into water AP Tourism Resorts where they got caught in the high tide.
Despite search operation led by the Navy and Coast Guard helicopters, all the victims could not be found till now. On Wednesday evening, while the search by boats was on, helicopters suspended the search after the dark.
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone