Tatra deal: CBI officials to meet Gen VK Singh
The CBI is seeking a clarification on Gen Singh's allegation that he was offered a bribe of Rs 14 cr by an ex-Army officer to clear a defence deal.
New Delhi: The officials of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) are expected to meet Army Chief General VK Singh on Friday.
The CBI is seeking a clarification on the Army Chief's allegation that he was offered a bribe of Rs 14 crore by Lieutenant General (Retd) Tejinder Singh to clear a defence deal.
Sources say the CBI is prepared with a questionnaire over the issue.
In an interview to The Hindu, the General had admitted he was offered the bribe to clear a deal of 600 sub-standard vehicles of the Tatra company.
- Triple Talaq Seriously Affecting Freedom, Rights of Women, Says BJP's Tamil Nadu Unit
- Bird Flu: Threat of Infection to Migratory Birds
- Don't Use 'His Excellency' Tag For Me, Says TN Guv Rao
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- Akhilesh Yadav Sacks Shivpal From Ministry, Mulayam Camp Expels Ram Gopal
- No Mercy: Stage Set For Big Showdown Between Mulayam and Akhilesh Camps
- Samajwadi Party Family Feud: Timeline of Happenings in Uttar Pradesh Pari-war
- CM's Prerogative, Says Congress on Sacking of 4 UP Ministers