Vote for Indian cinema's greatest artistes of 100 yrs
As Indian cinema turns 100, vote for your favourite actor, actress, film, director and music composer of all time.
New Delhi: As Indian cinema turns 100 this year, we pay tribute to the men and women who used the celluloid as their canvas to paint larger-than-life dreams that galvanised generations of millions.
When Dadasaheb Phalke released the first Indian feature film 'Raja Harishchandra' on May 3, 1913 at Mumbai's Coronation Cinema, he pioneered an art form that was to become a national obsession.
In the last 10 decades, countless artistes have worked tirelessly every day, both behind the camera and in front of it, to better a medium that has grown in shape, form and content to a self-sustaining behemoth. There have been classics that have shaped not just the industry but also mirrored the changing society.
We know how conflicting it is to ask you to pick your favourites from a list that could run into several pages of actors, actresses, directors, films, music composers and other supporting artistes from films that date back to the 1920s. So we have shortlisted batches of 20 from five main categories to kick-start a series of polls on the greatest names of Indian cinema. Vote for your favourite artistes.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology