Waheeda Rehman releases her biography, refuses to comment on her relationship with Guru Dutt
Waheeda Rehman has shared her life journey in the book 'Conversations with Waheeda'.
Mumbai: Veteran actress Waheeda Rehman, who has shared her life journey in the book 'Conversations with Waheeda', was tight-lipped about her alleged relationship with filmmaker Guru Dutt.
Asked about it at the book launch event, she said: "I don't want to get into it... my private life is nobody's business."
Coming to her rescue, the book's author Nasreen Munni Kabir said: "We have to respect actors' personal lives and we should not cross the line. She has been loved by all of us (for her work) and that's not (her relationship) what she is known for."
Further asked why directors fall in love with their actors, Waheeda said: "There have to be a little bit... because the director thinks from the actors' point of view. I think all the directors were in love with me."
Waheeda said nobody knows why he committed suicide.
"Nobody knows (why he committed suicide)...I dont think he was in depression after the failure of 'Kagaz Ke Phool' because soon after that he made 'Chaudhvin Ka Chand' which was a super hit."
Guru Dutt was found dead in his apartment Oct 10, 1964.
- Triple Talaq Seriously Affecting Freedom, Rights of Women, Says BJP's Tamil Nadu Unit
- Bird Flu: Threat of Infection to Migratory Birds
- Don't Use 'His Excellency' Tag For Me, Says TN Guv Rao
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- Jio MAMI 2016: When Aishwarya Rai Made Newcomer Anushka Sharma Feel at Home
- Jio MAMI 2016: Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Will Be Like a Therapy for Unrequited Love, Says Karan Johar
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha talks about Anurag Khashyap's tweet over ADHM
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan