Waheeda Rehman releases her biography, refuses to comment on her relationship with Guru Dutt
Waheeda Rehman has shared her life journey in the book 'Conversations with Waheeda'.
Mumbai: Veteran actress Waheeda Rehman, who has shared her life journey in the book 'Conversations with Waheeda', was tight-lipped about her alleged relationship with filmmaker Guru Dutt.
Asked about it at the book launch event, she said: "I don't want to get into it... my private life is nobody's business."
Coming to her rescue, the book's author Nasreen Munni Kabir said: "We have to respect actors' personal lives and we should not cross the line. She has been loved by all of us (for her work) and that's not (her relationship) what she is known for."
Further asked why directors fall in love with their actors, Waheeda said: "There have to be a little bit... because the director thinks from the actors' point of view. I think all the directors were in love with me."
Waheeda said nobody knows why he committed suicide.
"Nobody knows (why he committed suicide)...I dont think he was in depression after the failure of 'Kagaz Ke Phool' because soon after that he made 'Chaudhvin Ka Chand' which was a super hit."
Guru Dutt was found dead in his apartment Oct 10, 1964.
- Parched Cast takes our Movie Quiz and It's Funny
- Parched Movie Review: Nuanced Performances, Heartfelt Storytelling Make It a Must Watch
- Shraddha Kapoor Wanted To Be a Part Of 'Rock On' 8 Years Ago
- Rock on 2's New Song Jaago Urges You to Live Life On Your Own Terms
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
- After Cross-LoC Strikes, Indian High Commissioner Summoned By Pakistan
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Uran Terror Scare: Navi Mumbai Cops Call Off Search Operation