Want breezy roles where I can be myself: Priyanka Sarkar
"I could not come out of the shell after the shoots of 'A Political Murder' got over, says Priyanka.
Kolkata: Happy with her contrasting retro-modern looks in 'Damadol' and yet-to-be-released 'A Political Murder', Tollywood actor Priyanka Sarkar says after 'Hemlock Society' the Agnidev Chatterjee-thriller turned out one of most intense performances where she had to exert herself.
I could not come out of the shell after the shoots of 'A Political Murder' GOT over. The role demanded I remained in that mode as the shoots went on day after day. Like the brooding theatre artiste in Hemlock, here I had a very introspective kind of role, where I would be confronting a ghastly crime and go into shell, she told PTI.
Priyanka, who asserted she greatly enjoyed to be the bubbly girl in comic-caper Damadol said donning a pair of sunglasses, flaunting a little bit of junk jewellery, not doing much make up, in short a minimalist look gels with my
personality and that is how I had mostly been portrayed on screen.
I want to be myself. My favourites include a pair of sunglasses, I usually go by Ray Ban. The cool shades help shield your eyes and also you can make a style statement. As an actress I have to portray someone who can be identified with the modern day girls. My next film with Subrata Sen will also complement that look, she said.
- Pakistan Postpones SAARC Summit After Five Member Countries Pull Out
- India's Claim of Surgical Strike False: Pakistan to UN Chief
- 1st ODI: Azam, Nawaz Star as Pakistan Thrash West Indies
- US Lawmakers Support India's Counter-Terror Operations in PoK
- UN Chief Offers to Mediate Between India, Pak to De-escalate Tension
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Dhoni Applauds Sushant Singh Rajput's Performance In MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi