Want Telangana with Hyderabad as capital: TRS
TRS says only Telangana with Hyderabad as its capital will be acceptable to the party.
Hyderabad: Asserting that nothing short of Telangana with Hyderabad as its capital will be acceptable to the party, the Telangana Rashtra Samiti on Thursday hoped that "wisdom would prevail" on the Centre to make a "right choice" on the separate statehood issue.
"We are told that the Srikrishna Committee has given some options...We hope wisdom will prevail and Centre will take the right choice and live up to the promise it made to the people of Telangana on December 9, 2009. Other than Telangana, with Hyderabad as its capital, nothing else will be acceptable to
us," TRS MLA and party chief K Chandrasekhar Rao's son K T Rama Rao told PTI.
The TRS will be ready for a dialogue with the Centre if it is committed to the formation of Telangana, he said.
Asked about Union Home Minister P Chidambaram's appeal to the political parties to read the Committee report with an "open mind", Rama Rao said the decision to form a separate state is a political one and that it is for the Centre to take
a call on it.
"It is truly unfortunate that the Centre is trying to push the ball back in the court of political parties. After an year of consultations, it is upto the Union Government to take a call and decide which option it would take. Now, the
decision making power lies with the Centre."
"I would like to remind the Home Minister that none of the states formed earlier, were formed on a basis of a Committee's report. It is a political decision that needs to taken. We are hoping that the UPA government will take a right decision," he said.
- Philippines' Rodrigo Duterte Wants US Troops Out in Two Years, Willing to Scrap Defence Pacts
- Philippines' Duterte Sparking Distress Around the World, Says US
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- UK PM Theresa May had Expressed Concerns Over Brexit Weeks Before Referendum
- Cyrus Mistry's Explosive Email to Tata Board Hints He Was Made a 'Lame Duck'
- UN Chief Condemns Terror Attack on Police Academy in Quetta
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom
From Our Network
- Punjab polls: As Kejriwal hobnobs with allies, Congress might just break its losing streak- FirstPost
- Diwali gift for commuters, DND flyway made toll free after Allahabad High Court order - Pradesh18
- Inspiring: Shahdol man, who lost both arms in an accident, drives auto-rickshaw to earn living - Pradesh18