Want Telangana with Hyderabad as capital: TRS
TRS says only Telangana with Hyderabad as its capital will be acceptable to the party.
Hyderabad: Asserting that nothing short of Telangana with Hyderabad as its capital will be acceptable to the party, the Telangana Rashtra Samiti on Thursday hoped that "wisdom would prevail" on the Centre to make a "right choice" on the separate statehood issue.
"We are told that the Srikrishna Committee has given some options...We hope wisdom will prevail and Centre will take the right choice and live up to the promise it made to the people of Telangana on December 9, 2009. Other than Telangana, with Hyderabad as its capital, nothing else will be acceptable to
us," TRS MLA and party chief K Chandrasekhar Rao's son K T Rama Rao told PTI.
The TRS will be ready for a dialogue with the Centre if it is committed to the formation of Telangana, he said.
Asked about Union Home Minister P Chidambaram's appeal to the political parties to read the Committee report with an "open mind", Rama Rao said the decision to form a separate state is a political one and that it is for the Centre to take
a call on it.
"It is truly unfortunate that the Centre is trying to push the ball back in the court of political parties. After an year of consultations, it is upto the Union Government to take a call and decide which option it would take. Now, the
decision making power lies with the Centre."
"I would like to remind the Home Minister that none of the states formed earlier, were formed on a basis of a Committee's report. It is a political decision that needs to taken. We are hoping that the UPA government will take a right decision," he said.
- StarGaze: Akshay Kumar celebrates World Heart Day and more
- Living it Up: How to beat heart diseases
- World Heart Day: 5 ways to keep your heart healthy
- More young women falling prey to heart diseases: study
- Kohli Has Strong Basics, is a Complete Batsman: Laxman
- NZ Captain Hit By Bug Ahead of India Test
- New Zealand Take Tips From Ganguly Ahead of 2nd Test
- Virat Kohli Plays Down his Personal Form
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18