War is such a wasteful activity: Amala Akkineni
Not many know that Amala Akkineni comes with a remarkable sense of humanitarianism.
Not many know that Amala Akkineni comes with a remarkable sense of humanitarianism. There is an idealist in this Blue Cross crusader, a lover of freedom, a staunch believer in humanity.
For the benefit of her admirers and those who have never had the opportunity to have a glimpse of her convictions, here we present excerpts of a stunningly beautiful interview she gave a national daily.
You will be mistaken if you think that Amala's love is only for animals. Her heart goes out to the suffering women and victims of senseless violence.
"I do have a strong urge for environmental living - so I must have been a tribal or villager of some sort. I feel empathy for women during wars, losing their husbands, children and homes. War is such a wasteful activity. Who knows! Perhaps I have been there in the past and hence feel strongly about them."
In reply to a question on whom she loves the most, she said, 'Nag, of course' Amala has a lot of respect for her father-in-law, the great ANR, whom she calls "an amazing human being."
Recommended For You
- FROM THE CRICKETWALLAHVirat Kohli: The Captain With The Midas Touch?
- Ready?Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan To Act Together In Movies Again?
- Golden TweetVirat Kohli's Tweet Supporting Anushka Sharma is The Golden Tweet of 2016
- CASH CRUNCHIPTL 2016: Demonetisation Hits League, No Federer, Williams This Season
- In MemoriamJayalalithaa Filmography: 10 Musical Hits