DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Warrant issued against Vivek Oberoi
A non-bailable warrant was also issued against four other employees of the company.
Mumbai: Vivek Oberoi's luck gets soured again. A metropolitan magistrate issued a non-bailable warrant against Vivek Oberoi and father Suresh Oberoi on 28th July, 2011.
The warrant was issued due to a check bounce of Rs 3 crore. The case was filed against the father-son duo along with four other employees who worked at Oberoi Multimedia Ltd.
The case was filed in December 2010 and since then three hearings have been conducted. However the Oberois did not turn up for the hearings. After receiving three exemption for absence, the court issued a non-bailable warrant against all the accused.
According to media reports, the complainant, Jawaharlal Agicha, stated that he had befriended the MD, Anand Oberoi and the company's manager, Anil Lalwani when he was asked assist the Oberoi Multimedia Ltd. financially for their brand promotions in India and abroad.
Agicha also stated that the company issued him a cheque of Rs 50,000 which he received in Jan 2010 while a cheque of Rs 3 crore, bounced on Oct 19, 2010 stating that the account was closed.
He also accused the company of issuing him Bill of post-dated cheques and Exchange as repayment of the Rs 3.9 crore loan given to the company.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh to Miss Warm-Up Tie Against New Zealand
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet