Washington sniper killings mastermind executed
John Allen Muhammad put to death by lethal injection late on Tuesday.
Washington: John Allen Muhammad, who masterminded the 2002 Washington sniper killings, was put to death by lethal injection late on Tuesday, a Virginia state prison spokesman announced.
Muhammad and his 17-year-old accomplice, Lee Boyd Malvo, armed themselves with a sniper rifle and went about shooting people at random in Washington and the Virginia and Maryland suburbs. They shot at least 16 people - killing 10 - in October 2002.
Muhammad's sentence of capital punishment was carried out at Greensville Correctional Centre in Jarratt, Virginia.
Malvo is serving a sentence of life without parole, after a jury refused to agree to his death.
Recommended For You
- Virender Sehwag Predicts 3-0 or 3-1 Series Win for India Over Australia
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India