Watch live: The annual Perseid meteor shower
Watch the live stream of the annual Perseid meteor shower. The peak of the activity this year is between August 9 and 14.
On August 11 and 12, 2013, the annual Perseid meteor shower will peak, filling the sky with streaks of light, commonly known as shooting stars. Such visually stunning showers are actually but the tip of the iceberg when it comes to meteoroids slamming into Earth's atmosphere. Some 10 to 40 tons of material of invisible meteoric dust enters the atmosphere from interplanetary space every day.
The Perseids are a prolific meteor shower associated with the comet Swift-Tuttle. The Perseids shower is visible from mid-July each year, with the peak in activity being between August 9 and 14 depending on the particular location of the stream.
You can watch a live stream of the annual Perseid meteor shower here:
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Poorna Trailer: Rahul Bose Brings the Story of a Girl who Conquered Everest
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology