Watch: Rituparno Ghosh's award-winning film 'Bariwali'
Among Rituparno Ghosh's many acclaimed films is 'Bariwali' starring Kirron Kher and Rupa Ganguly.
New Delhi: Acclaimed filmmaker Rituparno Ghosh passed away at 49 of a heart attack. Among his many feted films is Bariwali (2000) starring Kirron Kher, Rupa Ganguly and Chiranjeet Chakraborty.
Plot: Banalata (Kiron Kher) is a lonely woman who becomes just another victim of a supposed curse on the family. No male member of the family lives for long. Banalata's would-be husband died a night before the marriage due to snake bite. Since then Banalata lives a life of a recluse as she is yet to get over the tragedy. Things take a turn when Banalata agrees to let a film crew shoot a portion of a film in a section of her family home.
Being a loner, Banalata unwillingly gets drawn to the much married director of the film Deepankar (Chiranjit Chakraborty) knowing very well that the lead actress Sudeshna (Rupa Ganguly) is already all over him. Deepankar too reciprocates towards Banalata. But when the shooting ends and everyone leaves, Banalata is again plunged into deep loneliness aggravated by her feelings for Deepankar.
The latter however doesn't bother to keep any contact with her. Will Banalata be able to remove loneliness from her life or will she continue to be just a cursed forlorn woman?
Watch the movie.
Tweets about ”Rituporno OR Rituparno”
Recommended For You
- #TrendingMaisie Williams Topless Pictures Leaked Online; Aren't Explicit Says Rep
- Why Pay More?OnePlus 3T vs OnePlus 3: What's New And All You Need to Know About It
- Wedding bellsAfter Yuvraj-Hazel's Wedding, Cricketer Ishant Sharma Ties The Knot
- Movie ReviewBefikre Review: A Glossy, Predictable Indian Love Story
- Virat Kohli Retains Second Spot In ICC ODI Rankings