5 films you should've watched this year
These were honest, well-made films that didn't make a lot of money at the box-office.
These are little gems that didn't have big stars or big budgets. They were honest, well-made films that didn't make a lot of money at the box-office. You may have missed them in the cinema, but check them out on DVD:
'I Am', directed by Onir
An honest film that wove together four stories based on betrayal and starting afresh, 'I Am' addressed relevant themes, but with a silent grace that spoke for its causes.
'Bubble Gum', directed by Sanjivan Lal
A coming-of-age film about two teenaged brothers discovering love, 'Bubble Gum' had a fresh tone, unpretentious language, and an innocent appeal that captured life in a small town.
'I Am Kalam', directed by Nila Madhab Panda
A heartwarming story of a poor boy who aspires to learn, and to rise above his humble roots, 'I Am Kalam' showed what was possible if one decided to carve one's own identity.
'Mujhse Fraaandship Karoge', directed by Nupur Asthana
Look beyond that terrible title and you'll find a campus rom-com that was funny, but thankfully stopped short of becoming sentimental. What worked in 'Mujhse Fraaandship Karoge' was its young, carefree tone, giving melodrama a miss.
'Bol', directed by Shoaib Mansoor
Based on the terrifyingly regressive attitude towards women in Pakistani society, 'Bol' was a small film with a bold heart. Its inherent sincerity compelled you to look beyong its shortcomings.
- Uran Terror Scare: Navi Mumbai Cops Call Off Search Operation
- Syrian, Russian Air Strikes Kill 25 Civilians in Syria, Says Human Rights Group
- Navy Calls off Search Operations in URAN; ATS, Police Continue the Hunt
- Police Release Sketch of Suspects Based on School Children's Description
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Not Approached for 'Comedy Nights Bachao': Hrithik Roshan
- Krushna Abhishek Wants Healthy Competition With Kapil Sharma
- Dear Krushna Abhishek, why are you sticking to Kapil Sharma's brand of humour we want to get rid of?
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18