Watson in 'Beauty And The Beast' adaptation
Emma is set to play the lead role in the film directed by Guillermo Del Toro
London: After "Harry Potter", actress Emma Watson is all set to star in a new film adaptation of "Beauty and the Beast".
Contactmusic.com reports that she will take the lead role in a new version of the traditional fairytale and "Lord of the Rings" director Guillermo Del Toro will helm the project.
While the 21-year-old has no leading roles lined up, she has two small parts in "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" and "My Week with Marilyn", both set for release within the next year.
In the past, "Beauty and the Beast" has been adapted into film a number of times, including an animated version by Walt Disney in 1991 and a modern take starring Alex Pettyfer titled "Beastly" that released earlier this year.
Recommended For You
- I Always Wanted to Bat Like Virender Sehwag, Says Sunil Gavaskar
- Would Choose Margarita With a Straw Over Any Big Budget Film: Sayani Gupta
- Pooja Bhatt to File Police Complaint Against Man Posing as Her Agent
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology