Wawrinka, Mahut advance to Rosmalen final
Warwinka and Mahut both moved into the finals of the Topshelf Open and will play each other on Friday.
Stanislas Wawrinka defeated Guillermo Garcia-Lopez 6-1, 6-4 Friday to reach the Topshelf Open final. The second-seeded Swiss will play for the title of the grass-court Wimbledon tuneup against France's Nicolas Mahut, a 6-3, 6-3 winner over Belgium's Xavier Malisse.
On the women's side, Simona Halep of Romania advanced to her second final in a week by beating third-seeded Carla Suarez Navarro of Spain 6-3, 6-2. She will face fourth-seeded Kirsten Flipkens of Belgium, who stopped Garbine Muguruza of Spain, 6-3, 6-1.
Wawrinka breezed through in the opening set. Garcia-Lopez put up more resistance in the second, forcing 10 break points but not managing to convert any of them.
Halep enjoyed her second easy win against a top player in this tournament following Wednesday's 6-0, 6-1 romp over top-seeded Roberta Vinci.
Last Saturday, Halep won her first WTA title by beating Andrea Petkovic of Germany on clay in the final of the inaugural Nurnberger Versicherungscup.
- Mi Air Purifier 2 Review: Xiaomi's Silent Ninja Against Pollution
- NASA Denies Changing 2000-Year-Old Zodiac Signs
- NASA Captures Sharpest View of Comet Breaking Apart
- 3 ISS Crew Members Return Earth After Six-Month Trek in Orbit
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Will Live Up to the Hype: Neeraj Pandey
- SRK Turns Into a DJ for Radio Show and His First Mix Will Leave You in Splits
- Maruti Suzuki's 'MS Dhoni Inspired' Alto and Alto K10 Special Edition Unveiled
- We Did Discuss About Removing Dhoni From Captaincy: Sandeep Patil