Wawrinka, Mahut advance to Rosmalen final
Warwinka and Mahut both moved into the finals of the Topshelf Open and will play each other on Friday.
Stanislas Wawrinka defeated Guillermo Garcia-Lopez 6-1, 6-4 Friday to reach the Topshelf Open final. The second-seeded Swiss will play for the title of the grass-court Wimbledon tuneup against France's Nicolas Mahut, a 6-3, 6-3 winner over Belgium's Xavier Malisse.
On the women's side, Simona Halep of Romania advanced to her second final in a week by beating third-seeded Carla Suarez Navarro of Spain 6-3, 6-2. She will face fourth-seeded Kirsten Flipkens of Belgium, who stopped Garbine Muguruza of Spain, 6-3, 6-1.
Wawrinka breezed through in the opening set. Garcia-Lopez put up more resistance in the second, forcing 10 break points but not managing to convert any of them.
Halep enjoyed her second easy win against a top player in this tournament following Wednesday's 6-0, 6-1 romp over top-seeded Roberta Vinci.
Last Saturday, Halep won her first WTA title by beating Andrea Petkovic of Germany on clay in the final of the inaugural Nurnberger Versicherungscup.
- Watch: Kapil Sharma Leaves ADHM Cast in Splits
- Ranbir Kapoor, Aishwarya Rai's Scorching Chemistry Will Make Your Jaws Drop
- The Break up Song in Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Promotes Women Empowerment: Karan Johar
- Boris Johnson's Anti-Brexit Article Made Public by UK Daily
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- Tamil Nadu Government Constitutes Advisory Committee Under Disaster Management
- Stalin Gears Up to Step into Karunanidhi's Shoes
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18