DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Wawrinka, Mahut advance to Rosmalen final
Warwinka and Mahut both moved into the finals of the Topshelf Open and will play each other on Friday.
Stanislas Wawrinka defeated Guillermo Garcia-Lopez 6-1, 6-4 Friday to reach the Topshelf Open final. The second-seeded Swiss will play for the title of the grass-court Wimbledon tuneup against France's Nicolas Mahut, a 6-3, 6-3 winner over Belgium's Xavier Malisse.
On the women's side, Simona Halep of Romania advanced to her second final in a week by beating third-seeded Carla Suarez Navarro of Spain 6-3, 6-2. She will face fourth-seeded Kirsten Flipkens of Belgium, who stopped Garbine Muguruza of Spain, 6-3, 6-1.
Wawrinka breezed through in the opening set. Garcia-Lopez put up more resistance in the second, forcing 10 break points but not managing to convert any of them.
Halep enjoyed her second easy win against a top player in this tournament following Wednesday's 6-0, 6-1 romp over top-seeded Roberta Vinci.
Last Saturday, Halep won her first WTA title by beating Andrea Petkovic of Germany on clay in the final of the inaugural Nurnberger Versicherungscup.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virender Sehwag Asked to Apply for the Post of India Coach
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi