WB: 1 held for beheading man in train compartment
The man was beheaded by a group of assailants in a crowded compartment of a train in West Bengal's Murshidabad district.
Kolkata: A man was beheaded by a group of assailants in a crowded compartment of a train in West Bengal's Murshidabad district and an accused was arrested for the crime, police said on Tuesday.
The incident took place on Monday when the Katwa-Azimgunj Passenger train was entering Bazarsau station in Murshidabad district. A group of assailants attacked Khokon Ghosh, 37, and to the horror of other passengers chopped off his head.
"We have arrested a man who is suspected to be behind the beheading of Ghosh. We are interrogating him and other suspects will be apprehended soon," said Superintendent of Railway Police (Howrah) MK Das.
The murder took place on Monday afternoon but the body was removed only in the evening when a Government Railway Police (GRP) team finally arrived on the scene.
There were at least five to six attackers and Ghosh, a small trader, was probably murdered over some business-related issue, police said.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology