WB chit fund scam: 'Sudipta Sen cooperating with investigators'
Sudipta Sen, along with aides Debjani Mukherjee and Arvind Singh Chouhan have been remanded to police custody for 14 days.
Kolkata: Sudipta Sen, Saradha group chairman accused of duping lakhs of investors, is cooperating with investigators, his lawyer claimed on Sunday. As per court order he was present when Sen was interrogated, Samir Das, Sen's lawyer said. Sen, along with Ponzi scheme director Debjani Mukherjee and company official Arvind Singh Chouhan have been remanded to police custody for 14 days.
Chouhan, who has been kept in a separate place, is also cooperating with investigators during the interrogation," K Kanan, Assistant Commissioner of Police, Bidhannagar city police told PTI.
However, what surfaced during the investigation was not disclosed by the police. Thousands of investors of the chit fund group have hit roads alleging they have been duped of around Rs 4,000 crore and hundreds of agents of the company have been rendered jobless.
- Rupee Good Run Continues, Gains 3 Paise Against Dollar
- Shraddha Kapoor Wanted To Be a Part Of 'Rock On' 8 Years Ago
- Rock on 2's New Song Jaago Urges You to Live Life On Your Own Terms
- Arjun Kapoor, Shraddha Kapoor Bring 'Bollywood Dance Raita' to New York
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Watch: Big5@10 With Bhupendra Chaubey
- Watch: India @9 With Zakka Jacob
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18