WB chit fund scam: 'Sudipta Sen cooperating with investigators'
Sudipta Sen, along with aides Debjani Mukherjee and Arvind Singh Chouhan have been remanded to police custody for 14 days.
Kolkata: Sudipta Sen, Saradha group chairman accused of duping lakhs of investors, is cooperating with investigators, his lawyer claimed on Sunday. As per court order he was present when Sen was interrogated, Samir Das, Sen's lawyer said. Sen, along with Ponzi scheme director Debjani Mukherjee and company official Arvind Singh Chouhan have been remanded to police custody for 14 days.
Chouhan, who has been kept in a separate place, is also cooperating with investigators during the interrogation," K Kanan, Assistant Commissioner of Police, Bidhannagar city police told PTI.
However, what surfaced during the investigation was not disclosed by the police. Thousands of investors of the chit fund group have hit roads alleging they have been duped of around Rs 4,000 crore and hundreds of agents of the company have been rendered jobless.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology