DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
WB chit fund scam: 'Sudipta Sen cooperating with investigators'
Sudipta Sen, along with aides Debjani Mukherjee and Arvind Singh Chouhan have been remanded to police custody for 14 days.
Kolkata: Sudipta Sen, Saradha group chairman accused of duping lakhs of investors, is cooperating with investigators, his lawyer claimed on Sunday. As per court order he was present when Sen was interrogated, Samir Das, Sen's lawyer said. Sen, along with Ponzi scheme director Debjani Mukherjee and company official Arvind Singh Chouhan have been remanded to police custody for 14 days.
Chouhan, who has been kept in a separate place, is also cooperating with investigators during the interrogation," K Kanan, Assistant Commissioner of Police, Bidhannagar city police told PTI.
However, what surfaced during the investigation was not disclosed by the police. Thousands of investors of the chit fund group have hit roads alleging they have been duped of around Rs 4,000 crore and hundreds of agents of the company have been rendered jobless.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Says Champions Trophy Most Competitive 'Big' Tournament
- England vs South Africa, 1st ODI: As It Happened
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- All I Want Becomes First Indian Film To Win At Short Film Fest In Cannes