DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
WB: Man arrested for raping deaf and mute daughter-in-law
Police said the woman alleged that she was repeatedly raped by her father-in-law and his son-in-law.
Krishnagar: A man was arrested on Monday for allegedly raping his deaf and mute daughter-in-law in Nadia district, police said.
The 26-year-old woman, a deaf and dumb inmate of Welfare Home in Hooghly district was married to Bhola Moira (35) the deaf and mute son of Mahabir Moira of Kalyani in July 9, 2012.
After her marriage to Bhola, the survivor alleged that she was repeatedly raped by her father-in-law Mahabir, an employee of the Animal Resources department and his son-in-law Bhola Paul.
The survivor informed the Welfare Home authorities about the matter. They lodged a police complaint on behalf of the survivor.
The police on Monday raided the house of Mahabir and arrested him while the other accused was absconding, the sources said. Mahabir was produced before a local court which remanded him to 14 days judicial custody.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Bangladesh vs Pakistan, Champions Trophy Warm-up, Live From Birmingham
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users