DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
WB: Maoist leader killed in gun battle
Yudhistir Mahato alias Aryun was killed when security forces purportedly opened retaliatory fire after Maoists attacked them.
Midnapore: A Maoist squad leader was killed on Sunday in an exchange of fire with joint security forces in Jamtal jungle in West Midnapore district, police said.
Yudhistir Mahato alias Aryun was killed when security forces purportedly opened retaliatory fire after Maoists attacked them during a combing operation in the area.
Police said the joint forces had raided the area on a tip-off that Mahato was holding a meeting in the jungle. Other rebels present there managed to escape.
Mahato, hailing from Barikul area of Bankura district, was a member of Madan Mahato squad and had recently been given the organisational charge of Belpahari area, police said.
The CRPF, in coordination with the state police, recovered a 9mm pistol and magazines from the hideout of Mahato.
A search operation has been launched in the area for suspected hidden Maoists in the area, a senior CRPF officer said.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Rishabh Pant Adds New Mercedes to His Garage After IPL Heroics
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users