DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
WB: 9 suspected Naxals become political prisoners
The 9 had been arrested by the NIA in connection with an illegal arms manufacturing case and were said to have been involved in the Lalgarh uprising.
Kolkata: A Kolkata court on Friday declared nine suspected Naxals as political prisoners. The nine men had been arrested by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) in connection with an illegal arms manufacturing case and were said to have been involved in the Lalgarh uprising.
The West Bengal High Court had in August granted the nine the political prisoner status.
As per the West Bengal Correctional Services Act, political prisoners are entitled to separate jail cells, access to reading material and allowed meetings with relatives and advocates.
The NIA is likely to challenge the court order.
Recommended For You
- Volkswagen Tiguan SUV Launched in India for Rs 27.68 Lakhs
- Aishwarya, Aaradhya Look Like Real Life Princesses In This Recent Photo
- Champions Trophy 2017: India - Strengths and Weaknesses
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- Remembering Roger Moore: 7 Of His James Bond Performances