WB: SFI activist's father seeks CBI probe into his death
Sudipto Gupta died during a police crackdown on a SFI protest in Kolkata on April 2.
Kolkata: The father of SFI leader Sudipto Gupta on Tuesday moved the Calcutta High Court seeking a CBI probe into the death of his son, saying that a fair investigation was not possible by any state agency.
The petition by Pranab Kumar Gupta also appealed that the investigation into the death of Sudipto be monitored by the court, his counsels Bikash Bhattacharya and Rabishankar Chattopadhyay said.
Stating that only the driver of the bus, from which Sudipto had allegedly fallen while being taken to Presidency jail, had been arrested, the father claimed that the investigation had not proceeded further.
The police had maintained that Sudipto, a MA student of Rabindra Bharati University, was hanging from the foot-board of the bus when his head hit a lamp post while being taken to jail after a law violation programme by SFI on April 2.
The matter is likely to come up for hearing before the court next week.
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Watch: Big5@10 With Bhupendra Chaubey
- Watch: India @9 With Zakka Jacob
- Bollywood Friday: Will Sushant Singh Rajput's MS Dhoni Live Up To The Expectations?
- MS Dhoni Biopic May be the Biggest Risk of Sushant Singh Rajput's Career
- Everybody Deserves to Know Dhoni's Inspiring Story: Bhumika Chawla
- Sushant Singh Rajput Talks about Dhoni, Bollywood In His First Selfie Interview
From Our Network
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18