DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
WB: SFI activist's father seeks CBI probe into his death
Sudipto Gupta died during a police crackdown on a SFI protest in Kolkata on April 2.
Kolkata: The father of SFI leader Sudipto Gupta on Tuesday moved the Calcutta High Court seeking a CBI probe into the death of his son, saying that a fair investigation was not possible by any state agency.
The petition by Pranab Kumar Gupta also appealed that the investigation into the death of Sudipto be monitored by the court, his counsels Bikash Bhattacharya and Rabishankar Chattopadhyay said.
Stating that only the driver of the bus, from which Sudipto had allegedly fallen while being taken to Presidency jail, had been arrested, the father claimed that the investigation had not proceeded further.
The police had maintained that Sudipto, a MA student of Rabindra Bharati University, was hanging from the foot-board of the bus when his head hit a lamp post while being taken to jail after a law violation programme by SFI on April 2.
The matter is likely to come up for hearing before the court next week.
Recommended For You
- Volkswagen Tiguan SUV Launched in India for Rs 27.68 Lakhs
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Roger Moore Had Prouder Achievements Than Playing James Bond