India to host 2011 Cricket World Cup final
India will host 29 matches, Sri Lanka 12 matches and Bangladesh eight.
Mumbai: The International Cricket Council's (ICC) Chief Executive Haroon Lorgat announced in Mumbai on Tuesday that India will now host 29 matches in the 2011 World Cup including the final of the tournament.
Sri Lanka will host 12 matches while another co-host Bangladesh will get eight after Pakistan's expulsion.
The event will be inaugurated on February 18, 2011, followed by the opening match on February 19.
While two quarter-finals will be played in Bangladesh, India and Sri Lanka will host one each. India and Sri Lanka will host one semi-final each.
Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) Chief Administrative Officer Professor Ratnakar Shetty has been appointed the tournaments' Managing Director
The tournament secretariat which was in Lahore has been now shifted to Mumbai.
The tournament was to be co-hosted by India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh but the ICC stripped Pakistan of its co-host status earlier this month.
The ICC Executive Board on April 17 had resolved not to hold any 2011 World Cup matches in Pakistan stating the uncertain political situation in the country had made it difficult to deliver a safe, secure and successful event.
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
- Apple Launch Event on October 27: What to Expect?
- 90% Apple Lightning-to-USB Cables Sold on Amazon, Groupon Are Fake
- BSF Says 7 Pakistani Rangers, Terrorist Killed Along Jammu Border, Pak Denies
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- For Dialogue, Pakistan Must Stop Infiltration on Border: Mehbooba Mufti
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18