WC: Dikshit announces Rs 1 cr for Delhi boys
The Delhi govt announced Rs 2 crore for Dhoni and Rs 1 crore each for Sehwag, gambhir, Kohli and Nehra.
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Sunday announced an award of Rs 2 crore for Indian cricket team captain MS Dhoni and Rs 1 crore each for four Delhi players after their historic victory in the World Cup.
"The Chief Minister has decided to honour the Indian captain MS Dhoni by awarding him Rs 2 crore and also decided to give Rs 1 crore each to Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Virat Kohli and Ashish Nehra for winning the coveted World Cup after 28 years," a Delhi government official said.
Meanwhile, Dikshit congratulated the cricket team for their spectacular performance.
India defeated Sri Lanka by six wickets in the World Cup final in Mumbai last night to lift the coveted trophy which they last won in 1983 under Kapil Dev.
- Indus Water Treaty: India Can't Unilaterally Separate Itself, Says Sharif
- Pakistan Capable of Meeting Any Threat: Nawaz Sharif
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti
- World Bank Commits to Fulfilling Obligations Under Indus Waters Treaty: Pakistan
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani