DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
WC: Dikshit announces Rs 1 cr for Delhi boys
The Delhi govt announced Rs 2 crore for Dhoni and Rs 1 crore each for Sehwag, gambhir, Kohli and Nehra.
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Sunday announced an award of Rs 2 crore for Indian cricket team captain MS Dhoni and Rs 1 crore each for four Delhi players after their historic victory in the World Cup.
"The Chief Minister has decided to honour the Indian captain MS Dhoni by awarding him Rs 2 crore and also decided to give Rs 1 crore each to Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Virat Kohli and Ashish Nehra for winning the coveted World Cup after 28 years," a Delhi government official said.
Meanwhile, Dikshit congratulated the cricket team for their spectacular performance.
India defeated Sri Lanka by six wickets in the World Cup final in Mumbai last night to lift the coveted trophy which they last won in 1983 under Kapil Dev.
Recommended For You
- Govt Says No Chance of Indo-Pak Bilateral Series in Current Scenario
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Judy Malware Hits Google Play Store Users, Upto 36.5 Million Devices Infected
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan