We can't fool the audience: 'Kai Po Che' director
Kai Po Che' features Sushant Singh Rajput, Amit Sadh and Rajkumar Yadav in prominent roles.
New Delhi: From silver and golden jubilees, the business of Bollywood films has shrunk to the first three days collections at the box office, and filmmakers are opting for aggressive marketing to create a strong buzz before the release of their films. But director Abhishek Kapoor begs to differ.
"I don't look at the weekend business, I have faith that people will come to see the movie," Abhishek told IANS.
After entertaining audiences with National Award winning 'Rock On', Kapoor is shooting his net film 'Kai Po Che', an adaptation of Chetan Bhagat's '3 Mistakes Of My Life'.
The director says it is hard to fool the audience.
"We can't fool the audience. The perception that people will spend money to come and watch the film, and we will recover all the money through it, is wrong," he added.
'Kai Po Che' features Sushant Singh Rajput, Amit Sadh and Rajkumar Yadav. The film is slated to be released in January next year.
Recommended For You
- Engineer Questions Nature of Pune Pitch, Slams Batsmen
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology
- Steve O'Keefe Hailed As 'Superhero' by Australian Media