We Can't Order UK to Return Kohinoor: Supreme Court
File photo of Kohinoor diamond (Picture courtesy: Getty Images)
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Friday said that it cannot pass an order to bring back the Kohinoor diamond which is in the possession of the United Kingdom or say that they should not auction it.
Dismissing off the petition by the All India Human Rights and Social Justice seeking direction for bringing back the diamond, a bench headed by Chief Justice Jagdish Singh Khehar observed this.
The bench further said: "Can we say England should not auction some property."
The court said this as the petitioner NGO sought direction that the UK should not auction the diamond.
Disposing off the petition, the bench also said that it was satisfied with the government's response that it was making efforts to get the diamond back.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams - Listen To First Song Of The Movie
- Stand Up Comedian Accuses The Kapil Sharma Show of Plagiarising His Joke
- LG G6 Launched in India for Rs 51,990: All You Need to Know
- Sonakshi Sinha, Armaan Malik Engage in War of Words Over Actors Taking Over Singers' Domain
- Meet Jackie Shroff's Daughter Krishna, Who Can Give Bollywood Actresses a Run For Their Money