We Can't Order UK to Return Kohinoor: Supreme Court
File photo of Kohinoor diamond (Picture courtesy: Getty Images)
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Friday said that it cannot pass an order to bring back the Kohinoor diamond which is in the possession of the United Kingdom or say that they should not auction it.
Dismissing off the petition by the All India Human Rights and Social Justice seeking direction for bringing back the diamond, a bench headed by Chief Justice Jagdish Singh Khehar observed this.
The bench further said: "Can we say England should not auction some property."
The court said this as the petitioner NGO sought direction that the UK should not auction the diamond.
Disposing off the petition, the bench also said that it was satisfied with the government's response that it was making efforts to get the diamond back.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 vs OnePlus 3T vs OnePlus 3: What Difference to Expect?
- Mithali Raj Shatters World Record, Slams 7th Consecutive ODI Fifty
- Hockey World League: India Thrash Pak 6-1, to Face Canada in 5th-6th Playoff
- Jaguar Teases E-pace, to Make Global Debut on July 13th
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From In the Name of God by Ravi Subramanian