DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
We Can't Order UK to Return Kohinoor: Supreme Court
File photo of Kohinoor diamond (Picture courtesy: Getty Images)
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Friday said that it cannot pass an order to bring back the Kohinoor diamond which is in the possession of the United Kingdom or say that they should not auction it.
Dismissing off the petition by the All India Human Rights and Social Justice seeking direction for bringing back the diamond, a bench headed by Chief Justice Jagdish Singh Khehar observed this.
The bench further said: "Can we say England should not auction some property."
The court said this as the petitioner NGO sought direction that the UK should not auction the diamond.
Disposing off the petition, the bench also said that it was satisfied with the government's response that it was making efforts to get the diamond back.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- List of Upcoming Maruti Suzuki Car Launches to Look Forward To
- Priyanka, Ranveer Extend Their Love to Sachin Tendulkar For His Biopic
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment