DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
We handed over our son to NIA: Waseem's father
Kashmiri student Waseem Akram Malik was on Friday arrested by the NIA in the Delhi HC blast case.
Kishtwar: Maintaining that their medico son is "innocent", parents of Waseem Akram Malik on Friday said they have handed him over to the National Investigation Agency (NIA) in Delhi after bringing him back from Bangladesh.
"I was informed by the NIA that Waseem Akram Malik is required for questioning (in connection with the Delhi High Court blast case) and in this connection NIA has given a letter to me," Waseem's father Reyaz-ul-Hassan said.
"I arranged the telephonic talk of my son (Waseem) with NIA officer, after that I arranged my son's return (from Dhaka) to the country and at Delhi Airport I and my wife handed over our son to NIA for questioning," Hassan said.
Waseem is studying MBBS in a Medical Private college in Dhaka.
Reyaz-ul-Hassan said his son is innocent and on September 7 (the day of the blast) Waseem was in Jammu, and had drawn the cash from ATM and made shopping in various malls where CCTV cameras are present and the footage can be assessed to prove his presence in Jammu.
"My son is innocent and has nothing to do with Delhi blast case," he said. 15 persons were killed and over 50 others injured in last month's blast.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere