We have a lot in common: Obama on Jay Z
Barack Obama said he has a lot in common with rapper Jay Z, and their wives are more popular than them.
US president Barack Obama says he has a lot in common with rapper Jay Z - they both have daughters and their wives are more popular than them.
Obama, 51, attended a fundraiser at New York's 40/40 Club hosted by the rapper and his wife Beyonce this week, reported Politico online.
"I had a bond with the rapper. We both have daughters, and our wives are more popular than we are. So, you know, we've got a little bond there. It's hard, but it's okay," he said.
Beyonce, wearing a red cocktail dress, was brief in her introduction of the president. "I can't tell you how proud we are to host tonight's event with President Obama. We believe in his vision," she said.
"To J and B, thank you so much for your friendship," said Obama, adding that the rest of the Obama family was jealous.
"Michelle, Sasha and Malia are mad at me because they aren't here," he said.
Obama is on the campaign trail at the moment, for a second term in the White House in November.
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Fadnavis 'Did not Discourage' Johar's 5 Crore 'Donation' to Army Fund
- Cyclonic Storm Kyant May be Heading Towards Andhra Pradesh
- Rajnath Singh Speaks to Odisha CM After Security Forces Kill 24 Maoists
- UK PM Theresa May had Expressed Concerns Over Brexit Weeks Before Referendum
- Cyrus Mistry's Explosive Email to Tata Board Hints He Was Made a 'Lame Duck'
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom
- Tata Shake-up May Distract Group from Restructuring Efforts