We have a lot in common: Obama on Jay Z
Barack Obama said he has a lot in common with rapper Jay Z, and their wives are more popular than them.
US president Barack Obama says he has a lot in common with rapper Jay Z - they both have daughters and their wives are more popular than them.
Obama, 51, attended a fundraiser at New York's 40/40 Club hosted by the rapper and his wife Beyonce this week, reported Politico online.
"I had a bond with the rapper. We both have daughters, and our wives are more popular than we are. So, you know, we've got a little bond there. It's hard, but it's okay," he said.
Beyonce, wearing a red cocktail dress, was brief in her introduction of the president. "I can't tell you how proud we are to host tonight's event with President Obama. We believe in his vision," she said.
"To J and B, thank you so much for your friendship," said Obama, adding that the rest of the Obama family was jealous.
"Michelle, Sasha and Malia are mad at me because they aren't here," he said.
Obama is on the campaign trail at the moment, for a second term in the White House in November.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology