We Khans are three idiots in the industry: Aamir
Both Shah Rukh and Aamir have been claiming their right to stardom's ace seat.
New Delhi: As Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi and Ghajini vye to capture audience attention, it is once again the clash of titans at the Box-Office.
Both Shah Rukh and Aamir claim their right to stardom's ace seat. But as far as Three Idiots which incidentally is what Aamir's next film is called, is concerned the actor says the title should go to the three Khans of Bollywood.
"My next film Three Idiots will have me playing the character of an idiot along with Sharman and Madhavan but Shah Rukh Khan, Salman and I are the three idiots of the film industry," Aamir joked on a tour to the capital to promote Ghajini.
The actor tried to avoid questions from the fans about the infamous fight between Shah Rukh and Salman. "Fight! how can I dare to fight with Shah Rukh. He is a very good friend and I have a lot of respect and love for him."
The actor, who give special haircuts to fans joked," I am promoting Shah Rukh's film Billu Barber."
Friction between the two stars has been out in public for some time now with Aamir claiming in an interview that King Khan was "scared" to work with him.
When questioned about Shah Rukh Khan's recent claim of being the biggest star in the industry, Aamir took an indirect dig at the actor by saying, "People who are No 1 don't state the obvious. For me Amitabh Bachchan is No 1. Does he ever claim about it. Does Lata Mangeshkar claim about it. Superstars don't need to say anything about their status."
Asked about competition between him and Shah Rukh Khan with Rab Ne... and Ghajini releasing almost simultaneously, Aamir said, " The public will answer that. I don't compete with others. I compete with myself. Talk about the competition is nonsense."
Talking about his role in the film Aamir jokes, "My character suffers from a short memory. So, he keeps forgetting my dialogues on the sets troubling my director. I was so engrossed in the character, you see."
The actor is pulling all the stops to market his film, which is a remake of a superhit Tamil film. Aamir turned barber today and gave Ghajini style haircut to fans in Delhi to promote the film.
The star appealed his fans to sport the hairstyle. Aamir also denied that the film was violent or unfit to be viewed by children. "It is not about massacre. It is an action film which centres around a rather beautiful love story. It talks about a person's life and how he deals with certain situations," the actor said. Aamir is using a very personalised way to promote the film ahead of its Christmas release.
The Box-Office responses of the film is eagerly awaited after Shah Rukh's film Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi released recently to good opening collections, according to the producers. Ghajini will probably give an audience verdict of who is the best among the two stars -- Shah Rukh Khan or Aamir Khan.
- BSF Says 7 Pak Rangers, Terrorist Killed in Retaliatory Firing Along Jammu Border
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- For Dialogue, Pakistan Must Stop Infiltration on Border: Mehbooba Mufti
- Donald Trump Seeks to Bar Sexual Misconduct Claims from Trump University Trial
- Hillary Clinton, Trump Spending Furiously as Election Day Approaches
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- Nintendo Switch Home And Handheld Gaming Modular Console Released
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18