We must gain ground on rivals: Vitaly Petrov
The Caterham driver hoped changes to the car will help his team's performance in the British GP.
Silverstone (England): With many teams introducing car upgrades at the next Grand Prix, Caterham driver Vitaly Petrov hoped changes to the car will help gain ground on his rivals.
Caterham comes into the July 8 British race on the back of its best performance of the season at the European Grand Prix in Valencia, when Petrov finished 13th and teammate Heikki Kovalainen 14th.
The team hopes tweaks to the car, including new rear bodywork and a revised exhaust layout, will help it maintain the pressure on midfield rivals such as Torro Rosso pair Daniel Ricciardo and Jean-Eric Vergne.
"As we'll be bringing more new parts to the British Grand Prix, I think it's another race where we'll be able to take a step forward," Petrov said in comments on the team's website on Friday.
"I'm sure everyone else will be bringing upgrades, so we need to make sure that we don't just make gains, but we improve more than our nearest rivals," he added.
Technical director Mark Smith was optimistic about the potential lying within the car upgrades.
"I do not want to make any predictions at this point on what they could be worth, but if we repeat the step forward we made in Valencia we should have another positive weekend."
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Calls All-Party Meet to Decide on SC's Order to Release Water
- China Urges India, Pakistan to Cool Down Situation
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- Harshvardhan Kapoor is Special Because He's my First Co-Star: Saiyami Kher
- Kareena Kapoor Rejected Saif Ali Khan's Marriage Proposal the First Time
- Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes
- Kareena Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan Make The Most Stylish Couple; Here's The Proof