We played as a team, lost as a team: Dhoni | Warne on win
Chennai Super Kings skipper credits team for fighting spirit.
Mumbai: Chennai Super Kings skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni said he was not disappointed with his team's performance against Rajasthan Royals despite losing the Indian Premier League (IPL) final by a whisker here Sunday night.
It was a close finish at the D Y Patil Sports Academy, where Rajasthan Royals romped home to win the title in the very last ball.
"In the final we were not up to the mark. We are not unhappy because the match went down to the last ball," he said during the presentation ceremony.
"The response from the team members was terrific. Even the players who missed out in earlier matches came out to play their best in this game."
The Super Kings skipper also said there was no turning point in the match and said: "We played as a team and lost as a team."
On the overall performance of his team, Dhoni said: "I am happy with overall improvement of the team specifically the individual performances. That's what the young players are here to experience - like big tournament and a big crowd."
Dhoni admitted that playing back-to-back matches took a toll on his team but attributed it to the demanding format of the game.
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- Force 2 Poster: John Abraham Returns as a Tough, Intense Cop
- Shraddha Kapoor Wanted To Be a Part Of 'Rock On' 8 Years Ago
- Rock on 2's New Song Jaago Urges You to Live Life On Your Own Terms
- Philippine Leader Takes Thinly Veiled Dig at US
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18