DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
We should join hands with Hazare: Vishal Bhardwaj
The director is awed with the grit and determination of Anna Hazare
Acclaimed director Vishal Bharadwaj is overawed by social activist Anna Hazare's fast-unto-death to make India a corruption-free country and says everyone should support his initiative.
"I think we all should go out and join hands with Anna Hazareji," Bhardwaj told reporters.
Drawing a parallel with the uprising that toppled Hosni Mubarak's government in Egypt, Bharadwaj said that similar "broadly peaceful protests" can bring down corrupt politicians of our country too.
"As it happened in Cairo, we should be together to pull down the corrupt politicians from their seats," said Bhardwaj
Hazare's anti-corruption crusade has led to a groundswell of support with thousands of people joining the movement across India. He is demanding that the Lokpal (ombudsman) bill be given more teeth so it can effectively tackle corruption in public life.
<iframe src="http://ns.ibnlive.in.com/embeds/pages/anna-hazare-tweets.htm" width="100%" height="400" scrolling="no" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet