We stand for Sri Lankan Tamils: Sarath Kumar
Actors turned up in hundreds to support the fast organised by SIFAA at Nadigar Sangam. This is the second fast after March 19.
Chennai After the Tamil film industry observed a day long fast Tuesday to protest alleged "war crimes" against Tamils in Sri Lanka, actor R Sarath Kumar said the entire Tamil film industry stands united for Sri Lankan Tamils.
"We as an industry will stand united for our brothers and sisters in Sri Lanka. We want strict action to be taken against the Sri Lankan authorities by an independent body," said Sarath Kumar, president, South Indian Film Artistes Association (SIFAA), concluding the fast.
"We also urge the central government to take notice of the situation of Tamils in Sri Lanka and organise rehabilitation for them," he added.
Actors turned up in hundreds to support the fast organised by SIFAA at Nadigar Sangam premises at T Nagar here. This is the second fast after March 19, which was organised by Tamil Nadu Film Directors Association (TANTIS).
Rajinikanth, Kamal Haasan, Ajith Kumar, Prakash Raj, Vishal Krishna, Silambarasan, Dhanush, Bharath, Jiiva, Jeyam Ravi, Arya, Suriya, Karthi, Lakshmi Rai, Dhansika, Ramya Krishnan and Lakshmy Ramakrishnan, among others, observed a silent protest.
Microphones were not used fearing tempers would flare.
Many actors who couldn't be part of the fast on March 19 were also present.
All shootings were cancelled in support of the protest, while theatres remained closed during the course of the fast.
- I Want To Be My Best For My Daughter: Shahid Kapoor
- Theatre Is a Beautiful Platform, Says Shahid Kapoor
- Aamir Wanted to Play Max in Josh but I Had SRK in Mind: Mansoor Khan
- Jio MAMI 2016: 10 Facts About Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar Revealed by Cast
- Trump Calls Clinton 'Nasty Woman'; Voters Rally Behind her
- Bigg Boss 10: Priyanka Jagga Is The First Contestant to Get Eliminated This Season
- Kaine, Trump, U.S. Lawmakers Raise Concerns Over AT&T-Time Warner Deal
- Hillary Clinton Achieves 12-Point Lead over Trump